We have to perform our multifarious functions in our lives. Axiomatically, it is not that we always meet with success in our endeavours. More often than not, we may have to weather many a storms while accomplishing tasks. Wise people just continue transacting their assigned tasks without let or hindrance. Failure at some point of time or other does not shake their resolve to continue still further. One failure is a stepping stone for these fellows to make still more efforts to fructify their efforts. Such people are the example, for others to follow.
Life is not a bed of roses always. Sometimes, we act but our actions are not as successful as ought to be. In other times, a little effort bears fruits for us. It is a travesty of face in our lives which should never be forgotten. It has also been seen that while we fail, we lose confidence altogether. People with strong determination do not lose heart, but make concerted efforts to catch up and with the grace of Almighty God come out unscathed.
It has also been experienced that some people just lose themselves while facing adverse results and go to the limit of committing the sin of self-destruction by adopting shortcuts of forgetting their worries by falling into the prey / trap of various addictions. These shortcuts to forget the worries just compound their worries. Such people ultimately end up losing their everything under the sun including their families, friend circle and other well-wishers still further. Losing our love ones, due to our faults means losing every hope to live tranquilly. For such people, JOURNEY OF LIFE just ends partly due to their internal conflicts and partly due to external factors beyond their control.
Following aspects need to be kept in mind while travelling the bumpy paths of our life’s JOURNEY ahead:-
- End of Road is not the End of Journey. It should never be forgotten that one failure in life should not deter us to continue still further till we become successful ultimately.
- Self-Realization. A self-realized person is the one who knows his / her stronger and weaker areas. That person dives deep / delves in his / her internal self and exploits the reservoir of huge energy dormant in their system. This sort of a person maintains equanimity in weal and woe.
- Faith in our Creator. Whenever an adverse situation knocks our door, we ought to seek our Creator assistance. With right attitude and sincerity at our command, He will surely steer clear of boat. Also, faith in Him creates faith in ourselves.
- Self-Discipline. A person who does not have discipline in his / her life just is not able to go ahead in the Journey of Life. That person curses his fate for every adversity that befalls him / her but never introspects that that situation is his / her own creation. Nobody should be held responsible for our state of affairs. Self-disciplined individual just passes the tests of time in his Journey ahead without any hurdles.
- Challenges ought to be Challenged. We have the shining example of our young cricketer YUVI who defied / challenged even as debilitating disease as cancer with his personal resolve and confidence in himself and his Creator. On the other hands, if we just acquiesce to challenges that come in the journey of our lives, we just lose heart to go further and end our journey of life. Face the life with a Courage:
When people are falling like nine-pins around ye unsung
Muster courage to hold on till the last drop
For somebody is required to pick up the fallen pals.
When ye fathom you are right
But hard-boiled truth dawns, you are otherwise
Accept that truth with courage
And put your ‘right’ to tests
Thou not stand on ceremony
It will inevitably isolate you from the rests.
When encircled in the web of uncertainty
In us, a part of overall order of things
Have courage to accept to accept the good words
Of anybody betwixt
Embrace that rightly to free thee out of a fix.
Whilst travelling in unknown land
Finding your fellow being in tattered attire and in pain
Muster courage to know his state
Mitigate his suffering – if you can
If not, few kind words will cost though nothing.
O, Lord, shower thy blessings, we are in dire need
So that we are courageous to blot out
Disparity from humanity based on caste, colour and creed.
- Life’s Journey is based on the Principle of Jointmanship. In our life’s journey ahead, we just whine that our of point of view has not been given credence. Imagine, are we accommodating others’ point of view? Our views are dearest to us while expecting much from others. Others needs and aspirations have no place in our scheme of things. It should never be forgotten that fastidious ones are isolated. Much of our differences in day to day lives; in our homes, amongst our peer group, society in general are due to this reason. If we want to make the journey of our life smooth, we shall have to be accommodative. It has to be a jointmanship venture. Hackneyed sermons have to be discarded.
With this intension in mind, I have written a poem titled LIFE’S JOURNEY, kindly go through. I solicit your comments because your points make indelible impact on me and motivate me to go on.
JOURNEY OF LIFE
Every one navigates the part of distance in life,
As apportioned by our CREATOR,
Some fail to negotiate even an inch,
And merge with Him earlier than expected,
Some are stuck amidst pain plentiful,
Some exit without succour from any quarter,
Some lay a hand on margins and perish,
Some are left asunder by the whirlwinds of chance,
Some swayed by the unwieldy winds of time,
Time, which does not wait for mighty or light,
Some go in circles whole of their life span,
Confusion writ large on their faces with weary pain,
Remain back-pedaling from where started with little gain.
Lively are those who defy hurdles and act,
And overcome their tasks,
With a missionary zeal,
To strike the goal post of life,
With a bang in style.
Life befriend those,
Who do not stop the life’s journey,
When meeting with bumpy ride,
They dare take the bull of life by the horns,
And win the day with stumbling blocks galore,
They make the bumpy road blocks as their stepping stone,
And win laurels against all odds,
For a journey ahead – acting here and now,
Life’ Journey covered yesterday,
Will add up today’s one,
And make difference in your journey ahead,
The one where you set your foot presently this moment,
Yesterday’s endeavours will add up in today’s actions,
And will benefit tide over tomorrow’s travels
And provide thee a giant stride ahead with pride.