IMPLICIT UNDERSTANDING / ADJUSTMENT
This morning, while I entered the metro bogie, it was full to its capacity with motley crowd – with different impressions on the faces of people; some somber, some composed / self-possessed and others self possessed. Only thing that was unfortunately missing was the smile! One was, perforce, pressing against the another as if in tacit understanding of adjustment with each other being the ultimate motto. But surprisingly, everybody was making effort to adjust / accommodate each other. No hard feelings, no arguments if some indiscretion results inadvertently. If any ensues, others in the crowd just intervene and sort things out. Some people come for new journey and others just finish theirs reaching their respective journeys. What a sweet lesson we get out of this journey?
This tacit bonhomie attitude could be made applicable at the following places too:-
- Adjustment at Home. In the joint family, we have all members with diverse age group. Some are dependent on others and others are independent. Each one of them looks after one another’s welfare. If one member feels pain, others members experience the pinch of it and try their maximum in ameliorating the condition. Accommodation in everyway is the name of the game. This is with respect of joint families. In nuclear families too, this accommodation can work wonders. Both the spouses can forget and forgive each others’ mistakes even grievous ones too for the sake of leading a peaceful life, not for each other but for the sake of future of their children as well.
- Understanding in the Workplace. In the office, we see that everybody is not of the similar intelligence/capacity/capacity. There are the go-getters and there are the ones who have to be taken along. Here too understanding each others’ requirement is needed for overall performance of the office. Sometimes special training in skills enhancement has to be imparted to a section of employees for their optimizing their performance so that they can pull on with those who are proficient.
- Adjustment in the Community. It is the age of accommodation in order to get our tasks accomplished. Suppose we want to get some sanitary work to be done for the community, if all are exhibiting their cooperation, and present their case to the authorities that be, things can move fast. Contrarily, if one person is pulling in one direction and the other one to other, things will not be sorted out and the problem will remain pestering. This way the community will feel the pinch of it.
- Adjustment in the Society Level. There are many drawbacks in the society such as; corruption, dowry system, treatment on the basis of caste, creed and colour, etc. All these could be eradicated from the society by personal understanding of the society in general. Here accommodation /understanding and respecting each other is a must. Here formation of the expert committee amongst the citizenry is called for so that they represent the society and suggest ways and means to eradicate the drawbacks and make those applicable sincerely. Joint actions result in the best results. Here understanding each others’ viewpoints is the game changer.
- Adjustment in the Country Level. All the people of the country, without discrimination ought to work for ensuring the unity and integrity of the country concerned. Endeavour should be made that the country is made free of corruption and other fault-lines and a country which respects the unity of other countries.
- Adjustment in the World Level. All the countries of the world should have tacit understanding for respecting the laws of other countries as they respect their own ones.
- Implicit understanding with our Creator. There ought to be tacit understanding between the worshipper (bhagat) and our Creator. Firstly, He helps in getting ridding all the dormant negative traits and subsequently infuse all the positive ones on our system. Having done this, He always resides in us till eternity and bestows in us the equanimity in every occasion. Amen.