WE ARE THE ARCHITECT OF OUR OWN DESTINY. WE CAN MAKE IT EASIER OR TOUGHER ACCORDING TO OUR OWN KARMIC DEEDS OR MISDEEDS.
Life is easier for those who take good and bad situations with equanimity. That is the one who see challenges in ‘bad’ situations and endeavours to challenge those challenges and ultimately comes out successful. He is at ease and peace with himself and others around him. Even destiny favours him. Alternatively, a person who does not see opportunity in failure and does not show guts and tenacity in a challenging situation just puts cart in front of a horse. He is neither here nor there in the scheme of things. For him even the easiest task seems tougher and would like to avoid things at the slightest opportunity. Consequently that person remains dejected, cannot attract others hence remains aloof, others do not bank on him for anything and finally he loses his self esteem. Such people are drag not only for themselves but also for the society in which they are living.
SELF CONFIDENCE EARNED OVER A PERIOD OF TIME’S SINCERE EFFORTS
While we determine to perform our tasks with self belief got from personal experience over the years of sincere effort, we get rewarded because in that self confidence grace of our Lord is always there. When we put in our genuine efforts on a task in hand, the task will surely get fructified even if there may be some hiccups in the initial stages. Fact remains, failure gives us experence to traverse on the familiar track, gives us freedom to avoid those steps which became cause of our failure. It is not that we have to adopt fasttrack course for our success, it could be slow and steady but sure course. The fable of hare and tortoise could be the best example for this; where hare failed because of its over-confidence and an attitude bordering on insensitive or careless of the feelings of others. Hare made fun of slow speed of tortoise. When crunch time of competition came, the complacent attitude of hare proved its failing ultimately thus proving the adage; slow and steady wins the race. This is also true of the individuals with resilience and enterprise.
TWO TRACK MENTALITY – FREEDOM OF CONTROL OUR ACTION AND NO FREEDOM OF ACTION OVER OUR ACTIONS
Firstly, when we are performing something ordinary – a task within our freedom of control, we come across less hindrances in performing that work at hand. There are more chances of getting through with ease. In other words, we need not work so hard in getting successful since everything is in our own hands – finance, expertise, space and time etc. Alternatively, in extraordinary aspect of life and living, when the work is not within our freedom of control, we are overwhelmed with the desire to succeed and fear of failure. There our chances of success becoming more difficult to be attained. Suppose we’re working in an organization and working on a project with various responsibilities assigned for various units of project. Here the controlling head has to ensure that all the units/aspects of project are running smoothly till it gets fructifies. Even a small bit of non-performance will impact the whole work at hand. Thus it could be construed that when a single person’s job is involved then there is no difficulty because there is a freedom of action vested with a single person but when more people are involved then job is out of the individual purview/control. Here the performance would be based on sum total of input.
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS AND LIFE
We can make or break our life by our own individual actions or inactions. But while transacting our actions, our tenacity, keenness to act, resourcefulness, the way we handle different situations (both failures and success), economic factor besides circumstances under which we’re placed etc are the factors which we’re constrained to take care judiciously. How best we can handle a given situation determines our success story.
If sometimes, despite our best efforts, we fail to meet with success then how we react counts much. We must have seen people breaking themselves physically and mentally and even committing suicides after their failures. It may be in business or in academics. Everybody can traverse a smooth path when all the factors are in our favourable but when the path is curved and full of hurdles then our inner potential and resolve comes into play. Success is sweeter when it is acquired though our dogged determination and inner resilience.
IN FACT WE ARE THE MAKER OF OUR OWN DESTINY IN A WAY. TYPES OF PEOPLE WE MUST HAVE COME ACROSS:-
- PEOPLE BORN WITH SILVER SPOONS IN THEIR MOUTH. There are the people who are born with rich background. They have only to keep their business afloat through hiring good experts in the field which they can conveniently do because of power and pelf. We have many examples for this. For instance owning a hospital by hiring expert doctors; with owner not having no qualification of a doctor. Then owning a group of educational institutions with little or no educational qualification except money to attract more money.
- PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD AND GROWTH RICH. We have the history of people who, with their grit and determination rose from rags to riches. They dream and aspire to make concerted efforts in making those dreams real. There is no work impossible in their dictionary. These people possess emotional resilience and mentally strong. They work nonchalantly, failure hardly stop them from tying once again. For them success story comes with a price – that price is hard work despite hurdles. Examples are there not only in the world at large but also in india. Some of the examples in India are; though their list is ever increasing:-
- Dhirubhai Ambani, who started his brainchild Reliance Industries with a very small capital which his sons are running now are the riches ones in India.
- Patricia Narayan. She was divorced in early 20s, started her own business of selling homemade pickles etc. Due to her persistent hard work and perseverance coupled with her enterprise owns a chain of restaurants named SANDEEPA (her daughter) and earns more than two lacs a day!
- Narayana Murthy. He is the father of Infosys – a global leader in IT has more than 190,000 innovators to cater to the requirements of their clients in more than 50 countries. Narayana Murthy used to work in one of the less known computer company before he started this it Company which is global IT giant.
- Nitin Shaw who took a loan of Rs. 500/0 from his friend, worked as a garage and subsequently started a fire protection company. Now his earnings has crossed Rs. 1000 mark.
- PEOPLE WHO CURSE THEIR DESTINY WITHOUT MUCH WORK. Then there are the people who have no willingness to work. They are the people who prefer to easy going lifestyle. They remain cursing their fate their plight and in the long run they come to grief for their inaction. They are the people who want to seek escape route for not taking responsibility but are always look out for seeking for their rights.
- PEOPLE WHO GET RICH WITH QUIRK OF LUCK. Though there are the people who get rich by the quirk of luck. It may be winning a lottery or getting a windfall profit from the deal long forgotten to be dead.
- PEOPLE FACING HARD TIMES DUE TO ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN IN GENERAL OR DUE TO SUDDEN HEALTH PROBLEMS. There are the people who although are enterprising but have fallen in hardtimes due to economic slowdown owing to conditions not in his control. This could be global economic slow down, slowdown particular to a country or due to shortfall in the production of person’s enterprise. But a country with its enterprising populace can weather all storms and come out unscathed. This is also true of individuals.
- BECOMING RICH BY FOLLOWING CORRUPT PRACTICES. This category of people are the bane of any society. They want to get rich by following corrupt practices without caring much for others. Their only dharma is getting power and pelf by adopting any method imaginable under the sun.
Conclusively, we can say with certainty that those who have self belief, acquired over a period of time coupled with belief in our Creator remain resilient both in good and bad times. They are positively oriented in any given situation because of their compassionate and positive attitude towards others. Such people remain in ease and peace perpetually and when they leave this world, people remember them for their good deeds.