ON KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM
MEANING OF WISDOM
The meaning of wisdom is to act in a right manner based on insight. Wisdom is also to judge what is right and wrong. It has been observed that the wisdom could also be attained from written work of philosophers and the teachings of sages. Wisdom could be enhanced through meditation/prayer, through experimenting truth in real life conditions including insights and enlightenment as enunciated in the religious scriptures.
WISDOM HELPS TO DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD
These pearls of wisdom are to be followed in order to discriminate what is wrong and what is right by following practically what is given in the scriptures. The evolution of civilization has been possible with experience gained over a period of time by understanding the right usage of five elements earth, air, water, ether and fire through the application of know-how, skill, insight and common sense. Evolution is possible by experimentation and application of mind to distinguish good and bad. After experimentation, the fertile result is made applicable to future and the useless or obsolete one just left out. It has also been observed that accommodated knowledge could stand us in good stead.
KNOWLEDGE WHEN USED RIGHTEOUSLY IS WISDOM
Wisdom is knowledge which a person possesses about the variety of subjects; about meaning uses in the variety of ways, their implications in the variety of ways including how best to make use of these things practically in life. Wisdom is insightful knowledge and could be construed as a cue from God who is the powerhouse of knowledge and excellence. He knows what has happened and what will be happening in the future too. In His realm, good or bad that happens in the life of a man happens for the good of a person.
Bhagwad Gita is the treasure house of knowledge of the cosmos and also how human behavior could impact our lives. Vedas too contain the words of wisdom, which if made applicable in real life can deliver us from problems and also help us in leading a spiritual life.
WITHOUT WISDOM WE BECOME THE PRISONERS OF OUR HABITS
We have to train our habit to act wisely. This is partly from our family and our environments. These habits should not be superimposed on our real nature but should arise from our inner self. Mechanical habit formation or through temptation, means we are not taking into account the soul wisdom. Anything imposed on us becomes our habit and we become the slave to those habits. We also become prisoners of our desires when we do not use our inner potentials to control the mind going berserk. Wisdom is to keep ourselves insulated from bad influences both in thought and action.
GETTING KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM
It is a fact that knowledge cannot be acquired by focused attention on the subject matter. The acquired knowledge when utilized righteously leads to enhancement in wisdom paradigm of that person. Knowledge acquired when not utilized judiciously remains theory oriented and cannot come under the category of wisdom.
God knows everything has been mentioned in Holy Quran. He is the Knower of the Unseen and does not divulge His Unseen to anyone–except a Messenger with whom He is well pleased, and then He posts sentinels before him and behind him, so that He may know that they have indeed transmitted the Messages of their Lord.
We can raise our mental faculty through use of knowledge gained.
- Quality of understanding differs from person to person. Different persons behave differently in a given situation according to his/her. That person will turn even a negative situation into the positive one. Those who are having the higher state of levelheadedness help others are compassionate to the needs of others.
- Wisdom could be acquired through efforts. When we interact with somebody, we get experience out of that. Somebody we take somebody else assistance as time demands or other time we transact assigned task independent of others’ assistance. All these activities spur our intuitive prowess or vision.
- Wisdom could be utilized whenever required. In a situation where there is nobody comes to our rescue, our own willingness to excel delivers us from that situation.
- A man with wisdom cannot be exploited by others. Nobody can hoodwink us when we have the wisdom to distinguish between right and wrong and be judgemental about it all.
- As wisdom is scholarly knowledge or learning, it could be transferred. As wisdom constitute abundance in productive ideas attained through learning through introspection and putting that thinking into practice, it is evident that the knowledge learned over a period of time could make difference.
- A man with wisdom does not showcase his wisdom but it is reflected in his attitude/behavior. A person with wisdom hardly acts in a manner which is prejudicial or contrary to the norms of behavior beneficial for the overall good.
- A person of wisdom will be ethical, good moral character, A man of wisdom is ethical, moral and upright. That person will enthuse others to follow his/her footsteps. That person could leave his/her footprints/impression wherever that person goes.
BIBLE PROCLAIMS Wisdom, when used by God and good men, always carries a strong moral connotation. It is conceived as being pure, loving, and good.… Wisdom, among other things, is the ability to devise perfect ends and to achieve those ends by the most perfect means.
- Education and knowledge is his/her forte. Attainment of knowledge is the pursuit of a man of wisdom.
- Wisdom is also to execute an action plan according to the need. Wisdom also guides us how to devise a plan of action and how best to execute it including collation of varieties of inputs for its fructification.
- A man with wisdom remains calm even in dire emergency. A wise man maintains his/her composure despite provocation.
- Will when becomes dynamic, it takes the shape of wisdom at its best. It is a truth that acquired knowledge got through self-effort and experimentation thereof which gives a person the power to discriminate between good and bad, when to act and when not to act in consonance with one’s sense of right and wrong.