HAPPY NEW YEAR NEW – MAY 2018 DAWNS BRINING ABOUT POSITIVE CHANGE IN ALL.
EXPERIENCES OF YEAR JUST PASSED AND RESOLUTIONS FOR NEW YEAR
HAPPY NEW YEAR
The year that passed
Was the year which gave
Us enough of shreds of evidence
For the things
Which will take place
In the New Year – 2018
In the year that has just passed
There were good tidings that happened
And there were not so good things
Which impacted us as humans
Our soul-mates were killed
By the groups with inhuman belief
That they are superior
In one facet or another
Though in the process
Such thoughtless beings will surely get punishment
Either by assigned to law enforcement
If caught in the net laid down
If not, then by the Omnipotent and Omniscient.
My sincerest prayer for our Creator
For the New Year 2018
Is that we ought to become conscious
Of each others’ conditions
And do not trade threats
Which come in the way of happy and blissful living
As the creations of our common Creator
Wishing that we live in the spirit of amity
Under the care of our Almighty
Wishing you all 2018 as a grand year
Full of happiness and prosperity.
The year that passed was very promising in many ways than one. It started on a positive note, as anticipated, ended on a positive note – giving credence to the assertion, expect good and get good. The fact remains and always that it is not always that we shall get positive results but need is to have optimism to turn negative results into positive ones simply with self-effort with sincerity along with belief on our God. It is our common experience that when times are apposite, we consider ourselves on the seventh-heaven and when we opposite, we just plunge abysmally into the abbess of our own making.
The following are some of the lessons which I got partly through my interactions with others and partly through knowledge garnered from others.
SMALL THINGS TAKEN TOGETHER CAN MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCE
Whenever we take into account little but reasonably significant things seriously then, sure enough, we can make a huge difference in life. Some of these are mentioned below:-
- THANKSGIVING. Whatever we are and whatever we have got is due to the blessings of our God. By doing so, we are opening a window of opportunity for new vistas in life which are owing to the grace of God. Our physical, mental and relationship with others too are subject to all-around wellbeing. These too are possible due to His blessings. Every moment given us to breathe and live in appropriate atmospherics is also due to HIS BOUNTIES. Therefore, we have to thank Him for everything.
- FORGIVING AND FORGETTING. Our relationship with others is important for us since we cannot transact all our functions in isolation. Therefore, whenever we experience any difference, it should not be allowed to deteriorate any further in the spirit of forgiving and forgetting. In this way, many of relations could be saved.
- GIVING MAKES US HAPPY. If we meet somebody’s need, it gives us satiety thereby makes us happy. We cannot compensate for anything under the sun.
- SMILE AND THE WORLD WILL SMILE AT YOU. This should never be forgotten; if you smile, everybody will smile with you and if you weep, you weep alone.
- LEARN TO SAY SORRY. We, as humans, tend to do commit some mistake unintentionally, thereby creating a misunderstanding between others. This results in animosity between even the fast friends. If we take recourse to say four-letter word SORRY, matters could lead to unpredictable consequences.
- WHEN NOTHING WORKS ACCEPTANCE IS THE BEST COURSE. There are occasions when all our sincere and best efforts are not enough to acquire the intended results, in that case, the only option left with us is acceptance. Otherwise, we may fall into the web of our own creation leading to more unacceptable contradictions.
- PROCRASTINATION IS BAD HABIT. There are the people who are in the habit of putting off things thereby reaching a stage where retrieval is not possible. Therefore, the best course is to solve the contentious issue then and there.
- SEEK GOD WHEN ALONE. When in solitude, we can seek our God with sincerity. As we two are alone, our connectivity would surely be there.
- WHEN NOTHING WORKS, SILENCE WORKS BETTER. It should never be forgotten that nobody has ever won an argument or talking without mincing any words. Many of our differences in the families and friends could be solved when we tend to be silent when our point of view in words is not understood despite repeated try.
- IGNORANCE SHOULD BE REMOVED. We should always be the student throughout of life. We can learn anything from anybody and anywhere. It should always be remembered that ignorance is synonymous with darkness and may pull us down anytime anywhere.
LIVING ON THE EDGE
We all want to have our intended job transacted immediately but in this sort of a hurry, we just forget our own security or anticipate impending danger(s) that may come anytime. Hence our approach should be to scrutinize all angles or parameters and take corrective steps or course correction. While traveling in a bus, I observed that people were hurriedly climbing and alighting the bus without caring for their security. I saw a person hastily climbing down from the bus while it slowed a bit before the bus stop was run over by a vehicle which was coming from the same direction at a speed. He had to be taken to the hospital.
CREATING EMERGENCIES FOR OURSELVES AND THEIR ADVERSE IMPLICATIONS
In our lives, many times, we remain to postpone things. May it be getting our body checked for any disease on experiencing `some clues or symptom. Or not sticking to the time schedule for catching a flight or rail journey and hurrying for these without thinking that there may be several hindrances on the way – traffic jams due to one reason or another. Similar is the case with not stick to the time schedule on fructification of any project in hand. The proper time-planning should have made difference. Think of a predicament when one is not able to reach one’s destination because he/she had not made concerted efforts taking into account the element of time which moves on thereby creating emergencies for ourselves and unnecessary stress and strain.
FOR CLEANLINESS TO BE EFFECTIVE, WE’VE TO REMOVE THE POLLUTION (PRADOOSHAN) FROM OUR MIND
Arguably, it could be rightly said that the polluted mind is dangerous not only for the person concerned but also for the people around him. We always keep our body, mind, and soul untainted/unstained. A small black spot can sully our character. It should never be forgotten that what we earn with our sincere effort will just be lost if we lose our character. It is earned with a lot of difficulties but lost just in a second. I know one of my best friends who has earned name and fame for himself including a happy family. Once he could not keep control over the unreasonable temptation thus losing his everything in the bargain.
NATURE (PRAKRITI) IS A GREAT TEACHER IF WE CARE TO LEARN FROM IT
Nature is anything or everything that is not man-made/ inartificial. Essentially, if we understand nature and its working then we shall understand more than from any formal or informal teachings. Here everything is natural – may be created by the intervention of Super Natural Power. Natural environment includes all living and non-living elements and their utilization in the day to day lives. The three elements of nature Sun (which gives energy), Air (which we breathe without which we cannot survive) and Water (used variously by humans besides drinking).
Besides, the entire ecology works as a natural system which includes all the flora and fauna, rocks, soil and what is contained in it. It also includes environment and all the natural phenomenon and material/physical phenomenon. Natural environment includes all living and non-living elements and their utilization in the day to day lives.
Then there are universal natural resources which do not have clear demarcation such as air, water, energy, climate, light, electric charge, giving out of radiation, magnetic field etc.
The meaning of Prakriti refers to everything that is included in nature which gives shape and form as pure energy. When we spoil the Nature or Prakriti, it is termed as vikriti. When we spoil the natural balances by our acts of omissions and commissions then it does not pardon and retaliates in its own way.
Prakriti is associated with female power and Purusha represents masculinity is associated with Lord Shiva. When both work in tandem there is a balance which is essential for all.
We can learn much from each of the elements of nature:-
- The Sun (Aditya). The Sun is a vast source of energy. We are exploiting its energy variously in the day to day lives without which our survival is not possible. It teaches us a huge lesson. Despite giving life force, it does not browbeat the other natural elements such as cloud which has got its own function. When the cloud comes in the way of sun, it does not force its way but provides a thin ray of light to the black-cloud making the cloud presentable.
There is a wonderful lesson from this for us humans. Rather than showcasing our ego at every given opportunity, we should be accommodative and supportive of others’ efforts. We worship the Sun through Surya Namushakar (Paying respect) to thank it for the services it renders to the living and non-living beings with OM ADITYA AYE NAMON.
- The Moon (Shashi/Chand). While we compare somebody’s beauty, especially female’s, we compare her with charm and beauty of the moon. Its various forms, full moon, half moon, semi-circular forms are really tempting to say the least. Poets and thinkers have written treasures of literature on the beauty and its cool nature despite all the disturbance that happened in the areas around it. Who does not enjoy the moonlit night? It too exerts influences on the oceanic tides and further tidal force of the Moon is more than that of the Sun.
This should also serve as a lesson to us humans that remaining cool like the Moon hardly means that it cannot have its influence when needed. We should just be like the Moon – remain cool but when the crunch comes just display your power without being too much showy.
- The Ocean (Samundar). The oceans are the huge source of livelihood for the humans and sea life in its bosom. There is more than 71% of water on the surface of the earth in the forms of lakes, rivers, ponds and other water bodies but oceans contain a huge chunk in it. It influences the climates, causes rain, provides us sea-foods, helps in navigation etc. The sea water when dried becomes the source of salt for us.
It too remains cool when not disturbed but could be vengeful if its natural balance is disturbed. In recent times, due to the phenomenon of rising in temperature, due to human omissions and commissions, the sea level is rising due to the melting of snow in Antarctica. Alas, if this continues, a day is not far when it could have disastrous consequences.
- The Mountains (Parbats). The snow-clad mountains present a beauty of its own. All the big and small rivers are formed due to the water from melting of snow and become the source of water to the habitations on their banks including the animals and plants.
Lessons from the mountains. The mountains withstand blizzards and another natural phenomenon including the burden of huge snow which falls on these but remain erect despite all these. We as humans too should remain undeterred by the challenges in our lives.
- Forests (Jangals). The forests provide natural sanctuaries to the animals and birds. The forest cover keeps a balance in nature. The humans due to its greed are cutting forests partly for habitation and partly for meeting various needs thus spoiling the healthy balance in nature.
The forests give everything to all the living beings but only want that its forest cover should be protected and new plants should be planted if and when some are cut for use. Otherwise, all will have to feel its heat if the forests are cut in large numbers.
In fact all the constituents of nature follow its own laws and anybody flouting is punished by it.
THOSE WHO ASPIRE TO become PERFECTIONIST END UP BECOMING STRESSFUL
I have met people who aspire to be perfectionists in their work. There may be some who are perfect but I did not have the chance of meeting such people and therefore, I am nursing with the notion that only our God is perfect. We all try and reach our goal through our since hard work and perseverance. Sometimes, we are unsuccessful but try again and reach the milestone we set to achieve.
I had the privilege of meeting an old friend of mine who wanted to be perfect in whatever he wanted to do – over-ambitious indeed. He had everything that he wanted through his hard work; established his business, money, the position he wanted and everything that a most successful person would like to acquire. But during this effort to reach the pinnacle of success, he had got stress-related diseases.
Lessons from the above:-
- Perfection is good enough, no doubt in that, but it should not be at the cost of our health.
- If health is lost for the fructification of our ambition then we shall not be able to enjoy the fruits of that success.
- Learning from the mistakes and making these mistakes as stepping stone for success, of course without carrying the baggage of mistakes along, makes huge difference.
WHEN OUR INTENTION (MANSHA) IS SINCERE EVERYTHING FALLS IN PLACE
It has been experienced that when our intention is pure and simple, God will certainly come to our succor and our efforts will bear bountiful fruits. It should never be forgotten that honesty, sincerity, belief on self and indomitable belief on our God/Bhagwan Ji/Creator/Lord/Allah or Super Soul will pull us out in whatever we intend to do.
SINCERE INTROSPECTION MAKES HUGE DIFFERENCE
We must have observed that whatever we want to tell others, we must sincerely analyze the contentious issues threadbare, taking into account the pros and cons and subsequently reach to a conclusive end result. This way, we shall not face any impediments on the way, no heart burns, no ill-will, no disharmony and finally regrets whatsoever.
In the year 2018, I shall try to sincerely follow the following besides the things which come on my way:-
- Remaining calm in emergencies.
- Leading a spiritually oriented life.
- Unlearning some bad habit and not to start any bad habit afresh.
- I shall experience and face life squarely rather than quitting.
- Self-belief and belief in God to be paramount.
- Evolving through practice.
- Becoming more self-aware and self-conscious.
- Become a witness to a change.
- Always remember that nobody has seen tomorrow.
- Try for self-actuation and self-realization.
- Giving more credence to truth, love, and enlightenment.
SURE ENOUGH OUR GOD WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE TO ASSIST.