What are the grudges that we generate in our life and how best we can lead a happy life? (As asked by someone).
It should always be remembered that in life, ups and downs are always there. If experience is any guide, I can say with certainty that difficult moments teach us more lessons than the appropriate situations. Need is to remain positive despite hurdles with the idea; ‘this will also pass’ as nothing remains stuck. Also, we should have belief that ‘time is a great healer’. Day follows night and then day, nothing remains static. Remaining cool even in seething temperature is the only way out.
As far as grudge free life is concerned, it should always be kept in mind that if you keep grudges in your mind-slate, it will give pain. This pain will never let us have sound sleep. These grudges will remain pestering us and will retard our developmental story in any field of activity,
GRUDGES RETARD OUR GROWTH
Grudges are nudges between the individuals, so raucous
Or group of individuals not agreeing on certain thought processes
Which keep us wrapped-up in controversies so unnecessary
And won’t let us have freedom to wriggle out of these
Thus keeping us in the cocoon or shell of our own creation
And prevent us enjoying the Nature which beckons us
To come to her lap
And enjoy her bounties – in abundance
But we are always busy in our world of our own making
Suffusing with ill-will and bitterness so seething
Cycle of action and reaction thereto continues unabated
Through our own thoughts and actions
Creating more animosities amongst us
This bitterness turns into resentment ultimately
Of highest proportion we can ever imagine
Making us immobile or mutes like inanimate things
A feeling which is the mother of disagreement
Between the people of all hues
Attacks our relationship with its negative germs
Never letting people to integrate
Till the seed of grudge remains sprouting in our mind so infertile
And does not allow us to think and act freely
Grudges give birth to negativity
Which retard further movement of our life’s development story
And comes in our way to take life
Head – on with confidence and with flamboyant style.
So, grudges should be buried
Deep in the earth’s bosom
So that these negative traits so very harmful
Should never make a chance visit to us and spoil our day.
Now coming to ‘happy life’; when we are happy, we have the following feelings in our life:-
- Lead a spiritual oriented life. Spiritual orientation in life means we remain doing our duties with sincerity, honestly and with positive frame of mind. We do not do anything which may harm others while following your own religious belief. In other words, we remain positive in our thoughts and Karmic action and leave the results of our action to God. If you have performed well, results will always be good. Just be detached from the fruits of your action. This way, most of your problems will evaporate in the thin air.
- Satisfied with what we have. We are happy when we are satisfied with what we possess. It is not that you should not have higher aspirations. Yes you should and should work sincerely for that but it should not be be-all-and-end-all if the outcome is not in your favour.
- Whatever happens happens for our good and what will not happen will also be good for us. It should be our motto, to have the idea that in the scheme of things what is happening should be taken as good for and what will not happen for us, means it is not destined for us. Bhagwad Gita proclaims thus and should always be kept in mind.
- Limited needs. If we have limited needs, these needs could be made good easily and without any stress and strain but when we have astronomical needs which cannot be fulfilled with the resources we are having then it would be a source of anxiety for us and this way we cannot be ever happy.
- No comparison. We should never ever compare ourselves with other as far as worldly possessions are concerned. It should never be forgotten that our economic status and other considerations are different and we should always remain sticking – not that we should not make honest and sincere efforts in enhancing our potentials for deliverables and then adjust accordingly.
- Acceptance for the thing you cannot change. When we have attained a level in career ladder or in status, we should not have grudge. Change is the Mantra we can have with our sincere efforts, but if it does not happen, we should not create physiological and psychological related stresses and strains. This way, we shall be putting nails on our own coffin – hard words yet it is true.
- There is a balance in our life. When we have no grudges or regrets towards anyone, we lead a balance life full of eternal joy in both joy and sorrow.