Why should we not regret doing on daily basis but you have to do it anyway? (Question posed)
Regrets are the expressions
Of our heart
Upsurge of emotions
Having done something
On purpose or design
Or just by quirk of luck.
While taking this question, first of all, I introspect whether to reply this question or not because it calls for an honest answer. We humans being prone to mistakes do commit these on daily basis. We should not forget that our actions are based on our thoughts only. If the action is flawed, it goes to prove that the thought which resulted in that action too is flawed. Both thoughts and actions are to be regretted – may be on daily basis or if and when committed. Therefore, telling that he/she does not commit any mistake is being dishonest in his/her reply because humans commit mistake.
Essentially, over a period of time, I have learned to minimize my mistakes; especially the ones which has got ethical and moralistic connotations. Contrarily, in the official capacity, I commit mistakes sometimes, since I am of the firm view that those who perform their jobs as assigned do commit mistakes as nobody is flawless in real sense of terms. These mistakes are really unintentional but this giving experience not to repeat them to the extent possible.
It should also be borne in mind that when we are at fault or commit a mistake, we should always ask for forgiveness or express regrets for having committed the same. If it on daily basis, then, why not?
But as far as ethical and immoral mistakes are concerned; the mistakes like:-
- Tellinglies. But I tell lies sometimes when it is forsaving some relationships or saving somebody else’s modesty or to save somebodyfrom being engulfed in controversies unnecessarily. Others may regret tellinglies but I do not since I am of the view that if my lies could save a situationturning from negative to positive then WHY NOT? Some people may term me liar, Isay to those fellows do excuse me.
- Beingfaithless to your partner. It is one of the gravest mistakes that a personcould ever commit.
- Beingbroke because of one’s own faults. There are habits like gambling, havingdrugs, drinking etc. which are the sure tickets for bankruptcy. Here regrettinghardly suffices. Out rightly getting rid of these bad habits is need of hour.
- Aspirationto be rich by any means. Thereare the people who wish to be rich by adopting any means. This is a wrong wayto be rich and ought to be shunned, the sooner it is done the better.
- Backbitingwhich I disliked themost – both the backbiter and the backbiting asa habit is very bad. A person having this habit should try leaving it for goodotherwise, it will bring about bad name if and when found out.
- Thereis difference between fiction and real life story are different. Iam of the firm opinion if we face the real life situations honestly, we neednot regret anything. On the other than if we think life to be a fiction thentelling lies, backbiting etc. will be resorted to – regrets or no regretshardly matter.
- Neverdisrespect others because it may be done to you too aftersometimes. Karma philosophy is relevant in this context.
- Regretnot been able to accident victim. It should be our endeavour to help an accident victim, if you are not able to due to one excuse or other, it means due to you somebody may have died because of our fault of not rendering assistance when it was hugely required.
- Deceive somebody in love. When a person who just shows his/her love for other partner but deceives him/her ultimately. This sort of a behaviour calls for expression of regrets. It should always be remembered that love is not a one-time-expression but genuine all-time-expression. A person who deceives others as far as love is concerned, even the GOD who is an embodiment of love will not excuse such person.
Honestly, I try living within the confines of my boundaries as far as possible but sometimes if something goes off the tangent then I fully express my regrets for the same and try not to repeat the same mistake.